Many individuals new to cross-country skiing and snowshoeing do not know what to wear!
Cross country skiing and snowshoeing are aerobic activities. You will work up a sweat!
Here are some tips on how to dress:
The 3 Layer System
Clothes that will keep you dry and warm:
- a base layer to take keep moisture away from your body
- a mid-layer to keep you warm
- an outer layer to protect you from the elements
- Wear layers
- Moisture wicking fabrics
- Fabrics that move with your body
- An outer shell
- Light hat
- Light gloves / mittens
- small satchel or waist bag for water