NHN COVID Policy
(Updated January 11, 2022)
Within this ever changing COVID situation, North Highlands Nordic is doing what it can to ensure people can still enjoy the beautiful outdoors this winter. After all, cross country skiing and snowshoeing in the Cape Breton Highlands is not only good for physical health, it’s good for the soul! With this in mind, we aim to design COVID policies that respect the most current public health guidelines, allow our hard working volunteers and staff to effectively manage North Highlands Nordic operations, and most importantly, still provide an enjoyable experience for our ski & snowshoe community.
Proof of Vaccination
For the collective comfort and safety of staff, volunteers and all trail users at North Highlands Nordic, we will ask all season pass holders and daily pass users at North Highlands Nordic to provide a proof of vaccination in order to access the trails, facilities, and rentals, as well as to participate in programs. Season pass holders will only have to provide a proof of vaccination upon their first visit to NHN.
- Mask use will be required when:
- Showing Proof of Vaccination
- Picking up/dropping off rentals
- Paying for trail passes & rentals
- Washroom use (to keep indoor traffic down)
- Mask use will not be required (but certainly welcome, if you wish) for:
- Skiing or snowshoeing on our beautiful trails!!
- Official programs or lessons
- Mask use will be recommended for:
- Outdoor situations when social distancing is not possible (for example, at the trailhead)
Other On Site Protocols
- There will be no access to the indoors at this point in time, other than for the aforementioned situations.
- Rentals: equipment rentals will be conducted outside of the building