NHN COVID Policy
(Updated March 19, 2022)
Within this ever changing COVID situation, North Highlands Nordic is doing what it can to ensure people can still enjoy the beautiful outdoors this winter. After all, cross country skiing and snowshoeing in the Cape Breton Highlands is not only good for physical health, it’s good for the soul! With this in mind, we aim to design COVID policies that respect the most current public health guidelines, allow our hard working volunteers and staff to effectively manage North Highlands Nordic operations, and most importantly, still provide an enjoyable experience for our ski & snowshoe community.
- Mask use will be required when:
- Picking up/dropping off rentals in Office
- Paying for trail passes & rentals in Office
- Washroom use in Office
- Mask use will not be required (but certainly welcome, if you wish) for:
- Skiing or snowshoeing on our beautiful trails!!
- Official programs or lessons
- Mask use will be recommended for:
- Enjoying the indoor space & washroom in the new Nordic Center Warm Room
- Outdoor situations when social distancing is not possible (for example, at the trailhead)
Other On Site Protocols
- Indoor access is available for a maximum of 10 people (Office)
- Rentals: equipment rentals will be conducted inside of the building